Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back from Lake O. Weather, had changed the fishing pattern as I had arrived. Back to the little blue book for some past patterns, I went. Fishing bind Thurs, we had found the thermocline down 95'. Setting our riggers to 90,100 and 115' we had our first king on in less than 15 min. Using flashers and flies was our method of choice. The Lake Winni group boated 6 nice kings on Thurs and 2 Kings and two nice Rainbows on Sat. All of our fish were caught on blue flasher/flie combo's mostly 115' down and 330' on the dipsys. The bait pods were in 240 to 270' of water. Largest King of the trip was 38" long weighing a honest 29 #. Arriving back in MA on Sat, brought me back into the saltwater scene. Sunday morning, I headed off to RI to fish the waters of Block Island for a couple trips. Joe and Mike Shic, had been doing quite well, so I decided to try my luck in their area. Good fortune, was quite easy to find. We had limit catches of Stripers both days. Most of the fish we caught were in the 24-31# range. Eels in the 20 - 30' water depths was our most successful method. Although, we did catch a couple of smaller Stripers on pencil poppers. Back to Lake O, I head this weekend to help finish the camp. In the ocean mid next week for some tuna action !
Catch em up ! <'////><

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home